Monday, January 20, 2014

Statement: Dunmyer will not seek reelection in 2014


January 20, 2014
For Immediate Release
Contact: 443-481-0707


Queen Anne's County Commissioner David Dunmyer Announces He Will Not Seek Reelection in 2014

Centreville, MD Today, David Dunmyer, who has represented the First District on the Queen Anne's County Board of County Commissioners since 2011, announced that he will not seek reelection to the Board in 2014. 

Dunmyer, who now serves as the Vice President of the Board of Commissioners, will leave an incredibly strong legacy of leadership when he departs the Board. He serves as the Chairman of the Upper Shore Regional Council, and as an advisory member of the Chesapeake Bay Local Government Advisory Council. Dunmyer also serves as a voting member of the Maryland Association of Counties Legislative Committee, and as a liaison to the Queen Anne's County Council of Governments. Dunmyer has also recently been named to the Local Leaders Council for Smart Growth America. 

"As I think many of my fellow citizens know, I have happily poured my heart and soul into this job, serving Queen Anne's County to the best of my abilities. But after much thought, I believe I can better serve the places I love, Queen Anne's County and Maryland's Eastern Shore, as a private citizen." Dunmyer said. "In 2010, I proudly ran on a platform of improving the county's finances and sustaining our rural quality of life, and there is no question that, with the help of the citizens, progress has been made on both of these fronts during my time on the Board, and I step away without regret," Dunmyer continued.

"I have never wanted to turn politics into a career, and never thought that running for reelection was at all inevitable. I have met some great people interested in running across the county, and they deserve a chance to see what they can accomplish," Dunmyer said. "I am not sure exactly what the future holds for me personally, but I am excited about taking a more prominent role in issues related to conservation and smart growth, and perhaps serving the county in other roles," said Dunmyer. 

"I have enjoyed serving the county as a commissioner, and am incredibly grateful to the voters who gave me that opportunity. I look forward to staying engaged in the issues facing our county, and supporting great candidates in 2014." 

###

No comments: